Saturday, February 9, 2013

Fashion Week RTW 2013 Trends Part 1: Fur & Statement Necks

Mercedes Benz Fashion Week is here! The Ready to Wear collections are pouring down the runways and I am scouring the collections to pull out my favorite looks! Seems the designers were in tune this year because I am noticing a lot of trends popping up in everyone's collections. This is the first post of many, stay tuned... 

Fur or Faux Fur for the animal friendly
When I see a great fur, I can't help but love it. Sure I may not work an extravagant fur coat into my everyday wardrobe, however the designers are showing a lot of small fur neck wraps to provide a hint of elegance. I love how a tiny hint of fur takes an outfit to a whole new level. Also note the designers use of gloves, another underestimated accessory!

St. John RTW 2013

Carmen Marc Valvo RTW 2013



Yigal Azrouel RTW 2013

BCBG Max Azria RTW 2013

Jason Wu RTW 2013

Houghton RTW 2013

Jason Wu RTW 2013

Yigal Azrouel RTW 2013

10 Crosby Derek Lam RTW 2013

Statement Necks
Whether in the form of statement necklaces, neck wrapping shawls, or ornamentation drawing attention to the neck on the actual garment, statement necks are in. I love a minimalist outfit with one bold piece as the main statement and the designers are fashion week delivered.

 Chadwick Bell RTW 2013

 Chadwick Bell RTW 2013

 Costello Tagliapietra RTW 2013

 Chadwick Bell RTW 2013

 Pierre Balmain RTW 2013

 St. John RTW 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment